[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake - lots of ducks

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:02:54 -0800 (PST)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
12-8-11
Davidson County

Good diversity of ducks, including huge numbers of Ring-necked Ducks, Gadwalls,
and Ruddy Ducks. There was one female Bufflehead trying to hide among the
Ruddies and a very active scaup that didn't seem to want to stay on top of the
water for longer than about 30 seconds at a time. He was too far away and
wouldn't sit still long enough for me get a positive ID on him, but I'm going
to assume Lesser just based on what would likely be at Radnor Lake. Also a few
American Wigeons and Mallards and my FOS pair of American Black Ducks. No sign
of the Green-winged Teal that were there a few days earlier.

Daniel