[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, Tn

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:25:11 -0500 (CDT)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Thurdsay 2007 October 4

07:00 - 09:00am
Overcast, showers

A visit to Radnor Lake was cut a bit short this morning by an
untimely shower.  Bird species were nearly the same as the reports
from the past several days.  I saw 12 species of warblers with the
only new one being a PRAIRIE WARBLER.  The male WILSON'S WARBLER
continued at the point near the dam.  MAGNOLIA WARBLERs still
dominate Radnor Lake, being 4 times as numerous as the second
place YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERs.  The mixed warbler flocks were
primarily at the water's edge and often high in the trees, making
viewing hazerdous to your neck and back.  I ran into Kevin Bowden
at the dam, where a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO provided him with his year
sighting.  A major N. FLICKER migration was underway with 10 birds
found in my short walk.  Still plenty of PHILADELPHIA VIREOs coming
through as well.

Birds on interest included:
Green Heron           1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo  1