[tn-bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: Frank Fekel <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:52:17 -0500 (CDT)

The large mixed warbler flock at Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN that
has been reported the past 2 days brought out at least 8 middle
Tennessee birders today, Friday, 18 October.  I arrived at the dam
area shortly after 7 am and found most of the NON-YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLERs in the very large maple tree next to the dam.  I birded
alone for more than one hour before other birders began to arrive to
enjoy the spectacle.  Although the birds were not as concentrated
in the spillway area below the dam, the views were still impressive.
I briefly walked the lake trail to the deck area, but as was the case
in the previous two days, the vast majority of warbler activity was
back at the dam.

I did not find any vireos today, but as compensation we saw a WINTER
WREN.

10 species of warblers:

Tennessee 20+
Nashville  1
N. Parula  1
Chestnut-sided  1
Magnolia  6
Yellow-rumped 80+
Black-throated Green  5
Blackburnian  3
Palm  1
Bay-breasted  6

Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University
Center of Excellence in Information Systems
330 10th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203  USA