[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, 8/13/11

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

Radnor Lake State ParkDavidson Co.8/13/11
I'm trying to motivate myself to be a good eBird reporter and include counts
with my species, but for today I decided to be lazy and not worry about it. (I
don't report to eBird if I don't have counts 'cause I don't want to be "that
guy" with all the X's after each species. LOL...) Anyway, got the following at
Radnor Lake this morning:
Wood DuckDouble-crested CormorantGreat Blue HeronGreen HeronRuby-throated
HummingbirdBelted KingfisherDowny WoodpeckerRed-bellied WoodpeckerGreat Crested
FlycatcherEastern Wood-PeweeEastern PhoebeWillow Flycatcher (??? - brownish
empid with little to no eye ring, but I don't feel comfortable calling it based
on just a brief view of a silent bird)White-eyed Vireo (with no tail - LOL)Blue
JayAmerican CrowCarolina ChickadeeTufted TitmouseWhite-breasted
NuthatchCarolina WrenAmerican RobinAmerican RedstartNorthern Parula (??? - very
brief view)Northern CardinalAmerican Goldfinch
Also heard 7 or 8 vocalizations that I didn't recognize and wasn't able to find
the source... which just goes to show I still have much to learn :-)
And finally, I have to mention... one of the largest snapping turtles I've ever
seen in my life. (Gotta give the reptiles some love too.)
Daniel Estabrooks