[TN-Bird] ROSS'S GEESE/ Anderson County, TN

  • From: Jimi Moore <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:42:00 -0500

3-6-03   Thursday   1:15 pm

4 ROSS'S GEESE (or should it be 4 ROSS'S GOOSE ?)
were observed this afternoon at Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery in Clinton, Tn .
 TWRA personnel said they have been around about a week.
(So much for MY birding skills)  I have been there 3 times in the last
week and NOT seen them.
I managed to get a few distant photos though they were very skittish and
kept flying when approached. This is the largest number of Ross's  I have
seen in E. TN together.
Maybe they will stay around for the KTOS Sat. field trip.
Also present were 4 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS as well as 14 LESSER SCAUP today
and 1 Pied Bill Grebe.

2 Banded Canada Geese- (Roy-I lost your email. I think these are your
guys?)
X88A AND    X60A both black letters on white neckband

Hearing n Eastern Pewee song had me going for a minute, but it was a
Mockingbird!

Nell Moore
Caryville, TN
N. of Knoxville