[TN-Bird] Purple finches

  • From: Carolyn snow <ctsnow8618@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:35:15 -0500

Phil and I went out late this afternoon to see what is around Loudon county.
On Orr Road, we found a nice mix with Goldfinches, Red-headed Woodpeckers, many
Eastern Bluebirds and great looks at one male and three female Purple Finches.
There must have been some Virginia Creeper high in the tree they kept returning
to as several other species also moved in and out.

We then drove down Wade road and found lots of sparrows beside a farm pond.
Good looks at Song, Swamp and White-crowned.

A very nice way to spend time out in beautiful weather.

Carolyn and Phil Snow
Loudon County

                        Clemson, SC