[TN-Bird] Purple Martins in TN

  • From: "Mark Greene" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:12:30 +0000 (UTC)

I've not seen them yet myself but according to the Purple Martin Conservation
Association's "Scout Arrival Study" page, there have been two reports of adult
male Purple Martins returning to existing nesting colonies already:
15 February - Lexington (Henderson County) by Thomas Jernigan18 February -
Munford (Tipton County) by Harry Palmer
The martins at my yard nesting colony have not returned yet and I really hope
they don't until this cold weather breaks!
Good birding,
Mark GreeneTrenton, TNGibson County