[TN-Bird] Purple Martin Arrival In Ooltewah

  • From: "David Stone" <rockyturf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:48:21 -0500

Birders,
    This morning we had our first of the season male Purple Martin at The
Honors Course. It was being harassed by two European Starlings who are also
interested in using the gourds provided. With good reason this is 16 days later
than our earliest sighting of Feb. 22 in 2005. The last several years we have
always seen at least one by the end of February.

David Stone
The Honors Course
Ooltewah, Tn.
Hamilton Co.