[TN-Bird] Re: Priest Lake Com. Mergansers

  • From: richard connors <didymops07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ms722@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:32:01 -0600

Checking those same areas of Priest Lake late morning today with Jan Shaw,
we added:

6 Hooded Mergansers at Elm Hill, and 5 Red-breasted Mergansers added to the
Com Mergansers at Seven Points, for a 3 merganser day.
We got distant but fairly good views of one Western Grebe there, all dark
around the eye and dull yellow bill. This is possibly the same bird that
has been on the lake for several weeks.

It was interesting the number of Herring Gulls present, at least 15 by my
count and there were more distant ones not identified; they were in various
ages plumage including a few adults. This is the most I have seen at
Priest, on the main body of the lake; they outnumbered the Ring-billed
gulls, although there weren't that many Ringers present. Some very vocal
and squabbling over fish.

Richard Connors
Nashville