[TN-Bird] Possible Cocke County Trumpeter Swan

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:21:22 EST

25 MAR 03
Rankin Bottom WMA
Cocke County, TN
Rack Cross

This evening around 7PM I discovered and enjoyed the presence of what appears
to be a TRUMPETER SWAN at Rankin Bottom WMA. The giant swan was towering over
a couple dozen mixed Green-winged Teals and American Wigeon off of the
graveled riverbed road (?) halfway between the gate at the roads end and a
turn off that goes to the river. I was able to shot some video the swan and
frames have been sent for conformation to area experts.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN