[TN-Bird] Pool 1 (Wilson's Phalarope, Sandhill Crane, Forster's Terns)

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:44:55 -0500

   August 3rd, 2015
  Pool 1, Duck River Unit, TNWR
  Water-level is lower than it has been in years.
  No large Shorebirds present.
  Nine species seen, best of which were a Wilson's Phalarope (FOS) and a
Short-billed Dowitcher. Also good number of Pectorals and a few Semipalmated
Plovers.
  Five Forster's Terns were seen resting with the Caspians. No other terns
today.
  The pelican numbers keep increasing, today there were 185 at the usual
location.
  Fairly late in the evening the resident Sandhill Crane was flushed up from
somewhere in Pool 1 by the spraying copter.
  We were alerted to his presence by the loud protesting. The bird never came
in sight.
  Good birding! Ruben Stoll, Centerville, TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone