[TN-Bird] Plover and Turnstones, Bark Camp Barrens; Black Terns, Warren Co.

  • From: Susan McWhirter <snmcwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:17:33 -0500

A trip to the sod farm adjacent to Bark Camp Barrens WMA in Coffee Co. was
well worth it this afternoon as I had 12 Ruddy Turnstones and 3
Black-bellied Plovers. The turnstones were in the northeast corner in the
newly seeded area; the plovers were in the southeast area where sod has
recently been stripped.

On the way home I nearly ran off the road at the sight of three Black Terns
over a small lake in Warren Co. at 127 and Crain Rd.

Susan McWhirter
Rock Island
Warren Co.