[TN-Bird] Re: Pickwick dam help

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "oeserscave" for DMARC)
  • To: fndrbndr59@xxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 00:12:09 -0500

The Black-Legged Kittiwake was below the dam this morning (Dec. 19th) , and thanks to Mike Todd's photos the other day, I found it as soon as I stepped out of the car. It was below the windows on the near side of the dam, at the far end of the silver hand rail below the windows, before the first spillway. It took turns napping and taking short flights from 10:30-11:30am, then landed in the water and floated downstream. I was able to show it to some Wilson county birders when they arrived around 11:25am. Three photos attached, one uncropped 600mm showing one of the signs and the rail, another cropped at the same spot, and one flight shot.
Ken Oeser
Hendersonville, TN