[TN-Bird] Pickwick Landing - Lesser Black-backed Gull

  • From: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 09:30:47 -0400

I birded Pickwick Landing State Park on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, March 7 to
9.  I observed what I believe to be a Lesser Black-backed Gull below the
Pickwick Dam on March 8 (photo attached).  The bird was not seen again on March
9.

Other birds of note include:

American White Pelican - One on March 9; Pelican seen on lake from below the
park inn
Horned Grebes and Common Loons
Bufflehead, Canvasback, Redheads, Ruddy Duck, Hooded Mergansers, Scaup
including Greater Scaup, Mallard (no other duck species seen)

Allan Trently
ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jackson, Madison County, TN