[TN-Bird] Photos from the Pits

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:55:42 -0500

TN-birders,
I finally, after almost a month and a half of nonstop work, made it back into
the field yesterday. Memphis seemed the place to go to get into some
shorebirds, so after talking to Jeff the night before my plans were set (I also
knew it would be my last chance for some fun for a few days as I got a wisdom
tooth extracted today).

It was a typical day at the pits, very hot but always worth it. Being out with
Jeff is always educational, as he turned me onto a couple of behaviors that I
was unaware of, the time Jeff puts in just watching these windbirds provides
insight into behaviors that I would tend to overlook while looking for the next
bird.

I have updated my website with a few photos from Sunday. I have a couple of
decent shots of the gorgeous Avocet, and also posted a shot of Stilt and
Western Sandpipers. This is all in the "Uncommon to rare local birds (vol. 3)"
album. Also, there are a couple of shots of the baby Black-necked Stilt that
amazed us by both it and its parents tenacity. These pix are in the Misc.
album. The link to the site is:
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=330&groupID=116215&folderview=&ck=
 .

Good birding!!!!!