[TN-Bird] Percy Priest

  • From: Roy Zimmerman <roymz756@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:47:59 -0600

Hello.  I grew up in Tennessee but have lived in Minnesota for many years.
I am here visiting family for a week and yesterday went to Cooks Point with
Ann Inouye to look for the Pacific Loons.  We did find 5 Pacific Loons best
seen after hiking along the "beach" to the east to the next point from the
parking lot.  Back at the parking lot we saw a Red-necked Grebe.  It was in
transition plumage with a partially red neck, long neck, distinctive black
and white head pattern.  I should have photographed.  I did not realize
that this is rare here until I put the sighting in eBird.