[TN-Bird] Pectoral Sandpiper, waterfowl, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:26:55 -0400 (EDT)

March 16, 2010
Greene County: Bridge Burners Boulevard and points nearby

Alerted by David Kirschke's finds in Greene County yesterday, I stopped by
Bridge Burners Boulevard this morning. Shortly afterward, I also checked out
some nearby fields and ponds.

I could not find the golden-plovers David reported yesterday, but many of the
same species were present at the site and/or at one or more of the other spots
I visited. Highlights include

Gadwall (7, at 2 sites)
American Wigeon (2, Bridge Burners Boulevard)
Blue-winged Teal (3, Bridge Burners Boulevard)
Northern Shoveler (6, at 2 sites)
Green-winged Teal (15, at 2 sites)
Ring-necked Duck (5, at 2 sites)
Pectoral Sandpiper (13, Bridge Burners Boulevard)
Horned Lark (singing, Baughard Hill Road)
Tree Swallow (46, including some in Tusculum this evening)
American Pipit (6, Bridge Burners Boulevard)

Don Miller
Greeneville, Greene Co., TN