[TN-Bird] Panther Creek SP - Hamblen County

  • From: "Frank Murphy" <hermitthrush@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:44:47 -0400

I recently migrated to this great State of Arizona - I mean Tennessee ;-) and
have been birding nearly every day during the past month at Panther Creek State
Park in Morristown.  This is a beautiful state park, but man is it dry.
Yesterday, 10/15, I had a nice look at a Philadelphia Vireo.  Today, there were
two Winter Wrens, an adult Bald Eagle,  YB Sapsucker and a few Black throated
Green Warblers, and both Ruby crowned and Golden crowned Kinglets.
Sunday afternoon we took a drive to the Smoky Mountain National Park for the
first time and I saw a Brown Creeper near the Sugarlands visitor center.  This
is one of my favorites so I was glad to see it here.  I had to wonder where all
the thousands of cars were coming from ?

Anyhow, I have yet to see a Tennessee Warbler in Tennessee.  I see all the
reports of them and I've looked at every warbler - not that there were great
numbers - but no luck,  so I may have to wait until Spring.

Frank Murphy
White Pine TN