[TN-Bird] Pacific Loon- Davidson Co, NO Western Grebe

  • From: Joshua Stevenson <ifihadastick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:50:17 -0600

J Percy Priest lake- Hamilton creek rec area. Today, Feb 2nd 8:30am then
12:30pm.

Negative on the Western Grebe. I checked Hamilton creek in morning, then in
afternoon other points around the lake including Cooks creek, 7 points, then
lastly Hamilton creek @12:30. Spent some time viewing a lot of Common Loons.
Had possible Pacific loon in morning then definite Pacific loon in afternoon.
Finally convinced of the ID after countless times out on that lake viewing
possible culprits.

I'll keep checking as often as I can as these spots are right close to my
office and pretty accessible.

Joshua Stevenson
Nashville, Tn