[TN-Bird] Out of area photos: Rosy-Finches at Sandia Crest NM

  • From: "Michael & Rebecca Todd" <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:17:49 -0600

Friends,
If anyone is interested in photos, I just returned from a spur of the moment
and hectic trip to Sandia Crest NM for Rosy-Finches, followed by a quick drive
and few days in SE AZ. We caught a terrible day weather wise up at Sandia
Crest, with 40+mph winds, but it really brought the birds in. We had many more
birds than had been seen the previous days during a warm spell. We did see all
3 species of Rosy Finch, plus the Hepburnâ??s coastal form of Gray-crowned.
Most of my pics were shot thru the windows of the Crest House, since it was
near impossible to even keep your feet in the wind out on the deck. But, I did
shoot some out there and you can tell the difference. Incredible place, and
very nice to get good comparisons side-by-side of the various Rosy Finch
plumages.

Anyway, if interested, the link is:
http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/sandia_crest_rosy_finches_2011  As usual the
â??originalâ?? size will look best to avoid file compression by Pbase.

I will have another galley of some goodies up soon from the rest of the trip.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx