[TN-Bird] Our tracked Golden Eagles are checking in......

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 19:44:27 +0000

Brief update on our tracked Golden Eagles.
Yesterday one of our birds checked in and today THREE checked in for the first
time since spring.  They are all still in southern Quebec or Ontario, but are
booking it south.  One of our birds went due south about 1000 miles from the
southern end of the Ungava Bay to southern Quebec in the last 9 days.

We have not yet heard from Jericho, which is our bird that was treated for lead
poisoning by Knox Martin and Martha Waldron.  She was an adult (at least 7 yrs
old) and they tend to stay north really late.  Let's hope she's on her way
south.

Once we get more complete data downloads, I'll update the Golden Eagle project
blog on the Tennessee Watchable Wildlife's web site.  I'll post again after I
get things updated, but that likely won't happen until mid-week next week.
http://www.tnwatchablewildlife.org/index.cfm

Cheers,
Scott

State Ornithologist