[TN-Bird] Re: Osprey, Red-winged Blackbird

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dgpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sefc <SEFC-Birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:15:22 -0700 (PDT)

David and all,

Osprey do come into Great Smoky Mountains National Park from time to
time, following the LIttle River, the Pigeon River, the Little Pigeon
River, and Chilogattee Branch. I assume they also come up Abrams
Creek and Cataloochee, but I have not seen it myself.  None of these
are terribly big, but as they are shallow, Osprey can successfully
fish them.

By the way, Pigeon Forge is in Sevier County, though Blount County is
south of this - it is unclear from your wording which county you were
in.

Charlie

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES