[TN-Bird] Osprey?

  • From: timrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:35:22 +0000

I was at Couchville Lake at Long Hunter state park this afternoon,
Sunday and along with a kettle of about 100 Turkey Vultures I saw what
appeared to me to be a single Osprey. I didn't have my binoculars and
watched the black over white hawk like bird "fishing" from 50 - 100
feet high and diving into the lake.
Am I totally off base or was this most likely an Osprey?

Tim Riddle
Long Hunter State Park
Davidson Co