[TN-Bird] Old and New Birds

  • From: eyesew@xxxxxxxxx (Virginia Curtis)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:19:01 -0500

We had two Pine Siskins back at our feeders today - the first time we've
seen them in weeks.  Also this week we have 5 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks -
4 males and 1 female.

Red and Louise Gambill, well-known birders from the Rio Grande Valley,
are visiting with us for a couple of days.  We went to Casey Cove park
at the end of our road this afternoon and found Red-eyed, Warbling, and
Yellow-throated Vireos; lots of Palm Warblers,  one Myrtle
Yellow-rumped, one Prothonotary and several Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers.
American Goldfinches were everywhere.  Also had male and female Orchard
Orioles, male and female Summer Tanagers, Eastern Kingbird, Eastern Wood
Peewee, Catbird,  male and female Wood Ducks as well as the usual Turkey
and Black Vultures, Chickadees, Titmouse, Eastern Bluebirds, Blue Jays,
and Cardinals - 36 species in all.  Not bad for a cold, windy day of
birding with two friends.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County