[TN-Bird] Old Hickory lake Avocets- Davidson County

  • From: Joshua Stevenson <ifihadastick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:44:38 -0400

The 19 American Avocets and Willets were still at Snow Bunting peninsula as of
7:05pm tonight- 4/24. I arrived at 6:05pm and observed them for an hour. As
previously reported, they would occasionally flock and fly around the area and
then return to the edge of a concrete boat ramps. Other notables- Semipalmated
Plover and Spotted Sandpiper along with various swallows as well. Attaching my
photos of Avocets Willet, Plover and Sandpiper. Great day
 - Joshua Stevenson, Nashville TN