[TN-Bird] Old Hickory Lake

  • From: chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:40:13 +0000

I was at "Snow Bunting Peninsula" at Old Hickory Lake in Davidson County this
morning from 0700 - 0930 looking for hurricane birds.  Phillip Casteel was
there intermittently as well, and Ken Oeser arrived around 9:00 and was
plannning to check other areas of the lake too.

Nothing terribly exciting showed up while I was there.  Possible storm waifs
included:

2 ad. Common Terns
1 juv. Black Tern
1 Laughing Gull (basic adult - this is an odd plumage for this time year; I
wonder if this means it was a 2nd year and/or non-breeder?)
1 juv. Short-billed Dowitcher
1 ad. Sanderling (in pre-basic molt)
2 Spotted Sandpipers
Common Grackle ("bronze" subspecies, i.e. _versicolor_)

--
Chris Sloan
chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx