[TN-Bird] Off topic: Northern California and pelagic trip

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-birds <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

We took a family trip last month to Northern California to see Yosemite and the
redwoods and had some nice birding as a bonus.  I had planned a couple pelagic
trips out of Monterey and Half Moon Bay with Shearwater Adventures, so I did
get my birding fix.  Difficult to pick any highlights - it was all good -
although spotting California Condors while cruising down Big Sur comes to
mind.  They were popular with the family as well.  A few photos at the link
below if anyone is interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkirschke/sets/72157631846372521/