[TN-Bird] Obion County birding

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 06:23:59 -0700 (PDT)

March 12, 2013
Obion County

I spent some time in Obion County yesterday looking for flocks of American
Golden-Plovers. I did not find any yet but there were a few other species of
note, including a couple FOS species:

Blue-winged Teal - FOS, 5 were seen on Hwy 45W, just north of the Obion River.
Northern Rough-winged Swallow - FOS, in front of old Plastech plant in Kenton.
Sandhill Crane - 250+ flock in a field on Garrett Sawmill Road.
Lapland Longspur - 12 in a flock of about 25 Horned Larks on Garrett Sawmill
Road.
Red-tailed Hawk - at least a dozen individuals were seen on Garrett Sawmill
Road.
Northern Harrier - 10 seen on Garrett Sawmill Road, including 2 adult males.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN
Gibson County