[tn-bird] Notice to All Subscribers

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 22:34:09 -0400

TN-Birders:

We are obviously receiving some posting to the list that
need further monitoring.

I assure everyone that I have taken steps to
improve the situation.

In addition, we were spamed with a religious message
that came in from an automated mailing service.
It attempted to deliver one or more attachments
(photos or artwork) and the system shut the attachments
down.

Since the message violated the TN-Birds policy of showing
the full name and location and state of the person posting,
it was easy to detect that this was coming from
automated mailing.  When you sign your messages with
a full name and your city or town and state, you help us
support the credibility of messages and information.

I have taken steps to manage the spam mailer but, obviously,
we can't stop them all.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Owner
TN-Birds Net