[TN-Bird] Northern Bedford Co.

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:50:51 -0500 (EST)

12/17/2013

Northern Bedford Co. including Shelbyville Airport.
Traveling

Still on the prowl for that Snowy Owl I headed out to Northern Bedford Co.
after looking for Am. Tree Sparrows at the Field Trial area on Percy Priest
 Lake.  Figured since one was seen on Nashville CBC might find one  there.
Did not find one, but it was fun looking.  Anyway, I had Adult  Male N.
Harrier and a Loggerhead Shrike on Airport Rd.  at the Shelbyville  Airport.
That was a nice find. Then I drove some other roads and had 6 Am  Kestrels
and 4 Red-tail Hawks along one 3.5 mile section.  I also saw  another N.
Harrier along another road.  Nice morning to be out.

Good Birding

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co. TN