[TN-Bird] Norris Dam birding trail highlights

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:41:17 -0400

TN-birders,

This morning Dollyann & I went to the Norris Dam Birding Trail in Anderson
County (the trail below the dam that goes alongside the river). There were a
lot of birds and we had some interesting ones. The main highlight was a male
Black-throated Blue Warbler. This was about 100 yards south of the northern
parking area, where there is a put-in for boats. Also found this morning was a
Gray-cheeked Thrush and a Nashville Warbler, and 7 other species of warblers.
Lots of Cedar Waxwings around, as usual.

Great birding,

Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN