[TN-Bird] Norris Dam State Park

  • From: Michael Hodge <tennessee_wulff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:34:28 -0800 (PST)

TN Birders,

Norris Dam State Park
Anderson County, Tennessee

I spent some of my lunch break birding at Norris Dam State Park this afternoon.
At
the visitor center on the western side of the dam, a large red oak was the
center of
much Blue Jay activity. A pair of Carolina Wrens explored the beautiful 1930's
CCC
craftsmanship at the Tea Room as a lone Turkey Vulture floated overhead. A
pretty
quite afternoon but I only had about 25 minutes to look for birds. Below is an
account of the birds I saw during that time.

Turkey Vulture     1
Eastern Phoebe     1
Carolina Chickadee     3
Tufted Titmouse     4