[TN-Bird] Normandy TN Birds

  • From: "Roy and Melissa Turrentine" <roymel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird line" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:21:19 -0500

On any given day while walking our ten month old daughter on Rippy Ridge Rd, I
have at least three of the following unless otherwise noted this past week:
Occasional
Wild Turkey
Broad-winged Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Ruby thr Hummingbird
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Carolina Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
American Robin
Yellow-throated Vireo
Ornage-crowned Warbler (possible)
Black & White Warbler

Indigo Bunting-one day (1)- new arrival

COMMON & Noted ALMOST EVERYDAY
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Blue Jay
American Crow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Eastern Bluebird
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Brown Thrasher (1)
Red-eyed Vireo
White-eyed Vireo
Blue-winged Warbler
No Parula
Prairie Warbler
Kentucky Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Ovenbird (one- two different days)
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow-breasted Chat
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Field Sparrow (2)
Common Grackle
Red-bellied Woodpecker (1- in very same spot- possible nester)
Cowbird
American Goldfinch
Scarlet Tanager (2)
Summer Tanager (2- several days)

NEW FEEDER BIRDS:
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks (2 males)
Indigo Buntings (5 males)

Other Notes:
Juncos left week of April 16th
Still have White-throated Sparrows but fewer in number
Blue-winged Warblers have numbered as many as four on some days...often perch
in view IF I left the binoculars at home (I have decided to be superstitious &
do this practice often...it seems if I leave the glasses at home  I will see
birds OR see no birds & have glasses)
Pair of Mockingbirds now at suet feeder
Rose-breasted eating suet too
Ruby Throated Hummers have returned (recall false "first date" here because I
slow in getting out the food)

Melissa Turrentine
Normandy TN
 Bedford Co