[TN-Bird] Re: Next 10 Species for TN?

  • From: "Rick Phillips" <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:31:30 -0500

Well, David, I still remember the day we were walking along a trail by the
riverside in Kingsport on Dec. 22, 1985, and a flycatcher flys up into a
shrub by the trailside.  I think this turned out to be the first
Ash-throated Flycatcher record for Tennessee.  You never know when these
things are going to happen, but the more birds (and other things) you check
out the more likely it will happen to you!  Follow the impulse, it will
eventually pay off. Here I sit at the computer and Jeff has probably already
found *the next bird!*
Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee