[tn-bird] Re: New to list and birdwatching

  • From: MickyHB4@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 18:13:26 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/2002 1:44:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
Lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyone wishing to chat birds/animals or help out a newcomer, please feel
> free to email me.

Hi Lisa,
  I too am a newcomer bird watcher. I have feeders and watch the birds all
day, but don't think we have anything unusual here.
I am unfamiliar with whereabouts in TN Erin is. I'm in Memphis and my husband
says he sees herons as he goes out east to work.
I'm excited that I've had 3 hummingbirds show up in the past week. We see
them for a few weeks and then they are gone till next year. Other that them I
have a LOT of sparrows, wrens, blackbirds (one red wing), starlings and
doves. Mourning and some larger, pale ring necked ones that I love. Even some
pigeons have found their way to my feeders this year. I sit and watch them
and have realized how different and pretty pigeons are no matter what anyone
else says!
I just found this newsgroup when I looked up Audubon.com to see about the
center in Holly Springs where the hummingbirds where going to be this wknd.
We didn't get to go see them though.
Like you said in your letter, I'm interested in learning how to know about
birds and welcome anyone who wants to share information.

Micky Brown
Memphis TN