[TN-Bird] New images posted (Duluth)

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:01:28 -0600

(Note: Be warned, this post doesn't pertain directly to either KY or TN
birds, I apologize in advance if someone doesn't appreciate the post.)

If anyone wants a taste of something a little different, I have posted
several images I got on a spur of the moment trip to Duluth, MN over the
Holidays. 2500 miles in 3.5 days! There is a major owl invasion going on
right now in the area. Along with many Great Gray and Hawk Owls seen, many
of the boreal "goodies" were seen in the couple of days I birded, with 4
lifers on the trip; Snow Bunting (finally), Sharp-tailed Grouse,
Black-backed Woodpecker, and Bohemian Waxwing.

Lighting was terrible when I was up there, so many of the photos came out a
little dark. Nonetheless I've posted several images each of Great Gray and
Hawk Owls, as well as several plumage variations of Rough-legged Hawk. Also
posted were Ruffed Grouse, Glaucous Gull, Black-backed Woodpecker, Northern
Shrike, Bohemian Waxwing, Pine Grosbeak, Common Redpoll, and Snow Bunting.

This gallery is at: http://www.pbase.com/mctodd

Good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN