[TN-Bird] New Facebook Page on East Tennessee Birding

  • From: shaawitya@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 01:49:09 +0000 (UTC)

John O'Barr asked me to post this, for what it's worth I agree.

John used to administer Knox County Birding on Facebook, but he has decided to
expand the page to incorporate all of East Tennessee, hence the group name East
Tennessee Birding.

You can perform your own search while on Facebook, but if you're in, here is
the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/275792949251916/

Here is John's announcement

"I would like to welcome all of the people who have joined our group (Knox
County Birding). Such great pics and birding info have been shared here, and it
has been a true joy to see. I have decided that we must expand a little. We
have members in surrounding counties, Blount, Loudon, etc. So we are going to
change our group to include all of the counties in East Tennessee. I know that
Scott runs Tennessee Birding but I think it would be nice to have a group that
covers the eastern counties surrounding Knox where most of this group birds.
Want to welcome pics and sightings from these areas. Thanks to everyone who
takes the time to share with this group. I hope everyone enjoys and benefits
from the expansion."

You can then scroll down and see which counties this site will cover.

Please pass this along to anyone who this forum or Facebook doesn't reach and
ask them to consider joining and posting if they are birding the East Tennessee
area.

Many thanks

Keith Watson
Pittman Center, TN