[TN-Bird] New Comers at the "Pits"

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:16:01 -0400 (EDT)

Aug. 9, 2011
Ensley Bottoms
Shelby Co. TN

Spent more time today searching through the peeps and lo and  behold nine
juvenile Least Sandpipers finally showed up. Also, over  night arrivals
included a Long-billed Dowitcher and a juvenile Wilson's  Phalarope. Numbers
are
down a little but any time spent is rewarded. I've added  a few photos to
the 2011 gallery, especially good photo showing the difference  in the bill
structure of male and female Avocets. As usual the distance and heat  did not
help on the peep photos. If interested try.

_http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/137107392_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/137107392)

I also added a series of photographs showing a brawl between a  pair of
newly arriving Avocets and a pair of territorial Black-necked  Stilts.

_http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/wind_bird_fights_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/wind_bird_fights)

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington  Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What is this  feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.