[TN-Bird] New Arrivals

  • From: ByrdBrainBBW@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:52:33 EDT

May 1st brought the first hummer to my yard, I believe a female
Ruby-throated. Then, a little while later, my first Rose Breasted Grosbeak
arrived.
May 2nd brought an entire flock of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, that hopefully
will hang around and fuel up for their trek further north.  But the highlight
of
this day is the return of "my" Redheaded Woodpeckers! This is the fourth
season they have returned, to spend the summer here, and raise a family. It's
just
wonderful to observe them close up, along with their young each season. Like
clockwork, the return within a few days of the same date each spring, and head
for a warmer climate each September.

Also the Southern Flying Squirrels have returned, and are coming to eat out
of my hand again. If anyone is interested in seeing them, I'd love to share
these wonderful little wild creatures.

Marian Delaplane-Bohan
Nashville, TN