[TN-Bird] Needed: 1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird nest to film!!

  • From: Tiffany Beachy <tiffany.beachy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:26:10 -0400

Howdy birders of Tennessee (and beyond),

A German film company called Nautilus is currently making a wildlife
documentary of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  One of the main
threads they would like to incorporate into the film is the story of a
Ruby-throated Hummingbird nest, from beginning to end.

SO, that means they need to find a nest!  If you know of a nest in a
natural setting anywhere in TN (or within a day's drive of the Smokies),
please let me know.  Our friends Johannes and Kay would be eternally
grateful!  As an incentive, they would be happy to provide you with high
quality footage of the nest after filming, including slow motion shots,
etc.

Here is their website if you'd like to check it out:

http://nautilusfilm.com/index_en.htm

I have watched their most recent film, Green Universe, and it is
excellent.  Their Smokies film will eventually be turned into a National
Geographic feature.

many thanks,

Tiffany Beachy
Citizen Science Coordinator
Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont
865-448-6708

Blount Co, TN