[TN-Bird] Nashville birds: Gray-cheeked, 3 Veery, Forster's Tern

  • From: "Mann, Jason Richard" <j.mann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:57:48 -0500

Radnor Lake in Nashville
Cheatham Dam area in Cheatham County

Hello birders,
Last weekend I got out a little bit and wanted to share the following birds:

Radnor:
Took the Ridge trail and found a tremendous flock of thrushes:

50 Swainson's
1 Gray-cheeked
3 Veery
Also found were 40 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Pewee/Great Crested
Fly/Acadian/Kingbird but no other empids, Cape May Warbler on top of the ridge.

Cheatham Dam area:
2 Forster's Terns on the river
Pine Warblers and Yellow-throated Warblers--looked like they were establishing
territories in the pines

Question: has anyone seen Wood Thrushes in Nashville this spring?  Or any other
empids?  How about Pipits/(Horned) Larks/Bobolinks?  I'm having a hard time
finding them.

Good birding,
Jason Mann
Nashville, TN

A ship is safe in harbor - but that's not what ships are for.

Jason Richard Mann
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
2000 24th Ave. South #39
Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 491-8862
jasonmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx