[TN-Bird] Nashville Warbler (???)

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:47:04 -0500

Bells Bend Park, Davidson Co.23 June, 2012
I realize there are no summer records for this bird, and I wouldn't expect
there to be. I of course thought I wasphotographing a female Common
Yellowthroat, but the eye ring seemed WAY to strong compared to the femaleand
first year yellowthroats I've seen.
That being said, the bill shape doesn't scream Oreothylpis to me at all, and
the habitat is of course all wrong forNashville even in migration.
Anyone care to share some thoughts on a bird that threw me for a small loop
this morning? I imagine COYE canbe extremely variable, and I'm still an
advanced novice at best... always nice to get a photo of a questionable
bird,however.

Thanks,Ed SchneiderDavidson Co.