[TN-Bird] Re: Nashville Warbler (???)

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx, "littlezz@xxxxxxxxx" <littlezz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 16:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Sorry to be coming into this conversation late, from just returning from 3
weeks
near Mexico City on a work trip (no birding at all, though Bumblebee
Hummingbird
was nice on grounds of our hotel). Very interesting discussion, and great
example of difficulty of id from partial views of a bird in one or two photos.
At a glance, it was quite Nashville like with the eyering and grayish looking
head, but I also agree that there isn't enough to eliminate Common
Yellowthroat,
which would be my call on the bird from just the images. The flanks really
aren't visible, and the shading below the breast is hard to see,etc. I think
the
bill looks better for Yellowthroat as well. This has been a great reminder of
how different perceptions can be. Thanks for bringing this bird to our
attention
Ed!

Mike

From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>