[tn-bird] Nashville - Capitol Hill

  • From: "Deborah Hamilton" <Deborah.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:25:41 -0500

** Proprietary **

The variety of birds on capitol hill continues to amaze me (this is my first
spring working in the downtown area).    I think that this hill might be like
Sharp's Ridge in Knoxville and Shell Mounds on Dauphin Island (the habitat has
been reduced to a small area which concentrates the birds).

I've only gotten on the hill twice this week but it's been amazing both times
(there have been storms passing through bringing lots of birds with the wind).
There have been so many birds in the trees that I can't digest them all but
adding to the list of migrant birds (in quick 15 minute perusals done early in
the morning):

Chestnut-sided warblers (several)
Blackburnian warblers
Tennessee warblers (several)
Black poll warblers
Magnolia Warbler
Wood PeeWee
Warbling Vireo
Catbird
SummerTanager
Rose-breasted grosbeak
Palm Warblers and Yellow-rumped warblers continue to be the dominant type of
warbler.  White-throated sparrows are still around & singing.

Forgot to include Prairie Warblers on the last list I posted (saw them on April
16).

Debbie Hamilton
Nashville, TN
Davidson County