[TN-Bird] Re: NW TN 12/03/04 Correction about Smith's Field!!

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:34:18 -0600

All,

I would like to take a moment and correct a portion of my previous post.
After talking with Ken Leggett tonight, I was mistaken about the Smith's
field. Ken said that the areas around the aristida were cut, but that
the perimeter of the field (which is basically what you see from the
road), were not cut. Thus, on my quick and disheartening pass by in the
rain, I thought that the field for whatever reason never got mowed.
Hopefully we'll get some Smith's after all. Sorry for any confusion. For
those that haven't been to the area, aristida is the fairly short,
almost white, wiry grass that grows in the interior of this field, it is
the grass favored by Smith's Longspurs.

Good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN