[TN-Bird] NTOS field trip to Old Hickory Dam

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 09:19:07 -0600

    The Nashville chapter of TOS will sponsor a field trip on
Saturday, December 10 to the Old Hickory Dam Area, including Snow
Bunting Peninsula.  We will first bird the walking trail in the
woods next to the dam and then look for ducks, loons, and gulls
on Old Hickory Lake.  We will meet at the Adventure Science Center
parking lot at 7:00 am and carpool to the dam area.  The trip
will last just the morning; bring water and snacks and wear warm
clothing. Frank Fekel will lead the group.

Those wishing to meet us at the dam should arrive by 7:30 am.
To reach the dam, from I-65 take Exit 92 onto Route 45/Old Hickory
Blvd and cross Gallatin Pike and then the bridge over the
Cumberland River. Shortly thereafter, turn at the second left
onto Bridgeway Ave. and then shortly thereafter take another
left onto Ensley Ave.  A left at Swinging Bridge Rd. and a
right onto Cinder Rd. will then take you to a parking area
just below the dam.

For additional information see the NTOS home page and click on
Local Birding Areas.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
NTOS Field Trip Coordinator
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES