[TN-Bird] Re: NTOS field trip

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eyerout@xxxxxxxxx" <eyerout@xxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds like a great trip! Willet is always nice in TN! The hendersoni
subspecies of Short-billed Dowitcher in TN is the default subspecies, much more
likely than griseus from the east coast. I'm not aware of any griseus records
for TN, though I haven't researched this. Griseus is possible though, as Dave
Roemer has photographed this subspecies in KY. Would love to see a griseus
candidate in TN! Willet is the same way, with western Willet being the far and
away expected race; maybe a hurricane will bring an eastern here at some point!

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx