[TN-Bird] NTOS Monthly meeting Thursday December 17 (Early Gathering)

  • From: Daniel Shelton <dashelt100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:03:41 -0600

If you are in the Nashville area this Thursday, please join us at Warner
Parks Nature Center, 7311 TN-100, Nashville for our monthly meeting. Our
program by Polly Rooker is* Birds and Wildlife of Panama*. Panama’s
biodiversity is staggering. It has largest number of bird species in C
America (940). There are 218 mammals, 226 species of reptiles, 164
amphibians’ species and 125 animals species found nowhere else in the
world. The geographical position also makes it a crossroad for migratory
birds. From August to December, North American raptors migrate south into
Central America by the millions. Don't miss this outstanding program by one
of our favorite presenters.

*This Thursday, we'll gather before the regular meeting at at 6:30 p.m. for
a holiday celebration. If you wish, bring your favorite dish to share.*

Danny Shelton

NTOS Programs Chair