[TN-Bird] NTOS Field Trip Results

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:24:23 -0500

Beaman Park
Nashville-Davidson Co. TN
Saturday 18 June 2011
.
Nine birders met under threatening skies this morning at Beaman Park in
northwest Nashville-Davidson County. We got in about an hour of birding
before the skies grew ominously dark. The birds became quiet. It was so dark
we couldn't see much through the forest. A check of weather radar showed a
serious line of rain moving in. A quick turn around got us back to our cars
in time. End of Field Trip.

However, we did get some birding in. A YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER sang out in
the open from the top of a bare tree in the parking lot. This same tree was
hosting a singing INDIGO BUNTING  when we returned to the parking lot.  We
got some good looks at a LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH bobbing itself as it walked
through the creek, stopping to investigate leaf litter. Some of the group
got fast looks at a WORMING-EATING WARBLER and a female SCARLET TANAGER.

Here's a list of what we observed in the time we had.

23 species
Yellow-billed Cuckoo  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  2
Acadian Flycatcher  6
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Blue Jay  3
American Crow  1
Carolina Chickadee  2
Tufted Titmouse  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Carolina Wren  4
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  1
Wood Thrush  2
American Robin  1
Brown Thrasher  1
Northern Parula  2
Yellow-throated Warbler  1
Worm-eating Warbler  4
Louisiana Waterthrush  1
Kentucky Warbler  1
Summer Tanager  3
Scarlet Tanager  1
Northern Cardinal  1
Indigo Bunting  1
.
Thanks to those who came out this morning. Apologies for the weather.
.
Kevin Bowden
Linda Kelly
NTOS Field Trip Coordinators