[TN-Bird] My participation in Fall Count for Rutherford County, TN

  • From: FINCH64@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:00:54 EDT

I assisted Terry Witt in doing the Fall Count for Rutherford County, TN
yesterday. I kept the count. The weather was chilly but I was fairly
comfortable in
a short-sleeved T-shirt wearing my winter coat and jeans. The cold wind was
sometimes a problem especially closer to the open water of Percy Priest Lake,
but overall it was not bad at all. It was overcast but thankfully it never
rained. We birded various spots in mostly northern Rutherford County. Areas
ranging from a refuse landfill to marshy areas near Percy Priest Lake to the
Discovery Center right in downtown Murfreesboro. This is a list of the species
as I
remember them:

Non-Passerines:
Pied-billed Grebe